Volunteering at BURYFields
BURYFields is a break-even event, put on for the community, by the community. We’d love you to join the team!
We need you if:
- You are aged 18 years or over on 15th June 2019 (16 for litterpickers)
- You are committed to being part of a fantastic event
- You are willing to work a single 4 hour shift during the event (remunerated)
- You are able to help before or after the event to setup and takedown (non-remunerated) (over 18s only)
We have two reward options
Event visitors. Purchase a ticket in advance and have the face value refunded on completion of your shift.
Charitable donations. We have a limited number of charitable places for people who would like to stop by, work a single shift and in return we will donate £20 to a charity of your choosing*.
Please note, working multiple shifts can accrue multiple charitable donations, but only one ticket can be refunded.
You can get the ball rolling by signing up to the volunteers mailing list here.
Terms and Conditions
- We will always take your preferences (time slot and location/duty) into account where possible.
- Please be aware that any pets (other than assistance animals) are not allowed on site at any time.
- Please do not plan to have your own children under your supervision while on shift.
- You will be expected to be vigilant and health and safety conscious whilst on shift. Volunteer coordinators will brief you beforehand.
- We will offer two dates for briefing sessions on site in the weeks leading up to the event. You are expected to make all possible efforts to attend one of them.
- First aid and security staff will be on site throughout the event and volunteer coordinators will be circulating with radios continuously.
- The HQ tent will be continuously manned and a radio will be available at that point.
- Please arrive at the HQ tent 10 minutes before the start of your shift so that all posts are staffed/relieved on time.
- You will be provided with a high visibility vest and a bottle of water at the start of your shift. Please ensure you have taken a comfort break beforehand.
- Drinking alcohol, being under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances or smoking during your shift is NOT allowed at any time.
- Anyone who fails to meet their volunteering commitments without a valid reason will not be offered a volunteering position at future events.
- If you are under 18 at the time of your volunteering we may seek parental consent.
When you register your interest as a volunteer, you will be added to our mailing list. You will receive an email confirmation. This and any periodic mailshots will include links in the footer to amend your details or to leave the mailing list. If you have ever declined to receive any emails from the Mailchimp system, this will take precedence and we will not be able to hold your information on file for you using the associated email address.
*The number of people on site is restricted by the terms of our insurance, so if you are stewarding on a charity post, we will need to ask you to leave site directly after your shift finishes.
The remuneration for ticket holders is higher as an acknowledgment of the disruption to their day and their likely spend at the event.